These carrot tacos are perfect for the spring season. They are made with carrot tops and shredded carrots. They are easy to prepare and extremely delicious, served with Mexican crema and spicy Mexican salsa verde.
About this recipe
I also love this recipe because it is perfect for carrot pulp to make carrot juice. We are five at home, almost five adults, so imagine how many carrots I have to use to get more or less 5 cups of juice. It used to bother me to have so much leftover carrot juice pulp, but not anymore. Since I discovered how to use it,
Another great thing about this recipe is that it uses carrot tops which are perfect for the filling. And although carrots are the type of vegetable that can be obtained all year round, in spring-summer, they are best. This time of year, they are sweet, crispy, and delicious.
How to use carrot juice pulp?
Benefits of carrots
I have always told my children that it is very important to eat carrots to have healthy sight. But it is also vital to eat them for our immune system; they do wonders with our lungs, are full of vitamin K, B1, and have a lot of minerals.
About carrot tops
There are many studies where it is proven that they are not poisonous. The stems and leaves of carrots are full of vitamins and minerals. And they have a lot of flavors.
How to make carrot tacos dorados
- Make the filling by sauteing onions, tofu, shredded carrots or carrot juice pulp, fresh herbs, and/or carrot tops.
- Heat your corn tortillas to make them pliable, and fill each one with the carrot filling and roll.
- Cook the taquitos over the stove, in the oven, or deep fry them.
- Serve them with:
Other recipes that you may like:
Carrot tacos dorados
- 1 tablespoon of oil extra if you are frying the tacos
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 10-12 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot tops or parsley
- 2 cups carrots grated or the pulp if you make juice
- 1/4 cup of cilantro you can also use parsley
- 12 corn tortillas
- Take the tofu out of the package and drain it very well. You can leave it on roll paper napkins folded in four so that they absorb all the liquid of the tofu.
- Heat a pan and add the tablespoon of oil. Put the onion and sauté, until lightly browned. Meanwhile, crumble the tofu.
- Add the tofu to the onion When you see most of the liquid has evaporated, add the grated carrots and salt.
- Keep stirring until the mixture feels dry and loose. Finally, add the cilantro and the carrot tops.
- Heat tortillas on a skillet or pan and make the taquitos with the hot mixture.
- Serve with salsa verde
Crispy fried tacos dorados:
- Fill the tortillas with the carrot mixture and form the taquitos. If necessary, but a toothpick to prevent them from unfolding. In a pan put oil 2-3 tablespoons of oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve them with salsa verde.
In the oven:
- Prepare a baking sheet with a little oil and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl mix the onion, carrot, carrot tops, cilantro, tofu, and salt.
- Heat the tortillas, so they are soft and pliable, so you can form the tacos. Fill each tortilla with two or three tablespoons of the filling. Roll the tacos and place them on a baking sheet with the seam facing down. Spray with oil and put in the oven until the tortillas are golden brown, 20 min approximately.
- Serve with salsa verde.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.