If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet, you’ve come to the right place! This is the salad brussels sprouts salad with lime dressing is the best.
About this recipe
This is not a boring, flavorless salad that will make you long for those high-calorie foods. No, this salad is full of delicious flavors and unique combinations that will surely keep you coming back for more.
Brussels sprouts are an incredible superfood and, when combined with the right ingredients, can be transformed into a dish worthy of the best gourmet restaurants. This recipe stands out for its perfect balance between the acidity of the lime, the creaminess of the avocado and the crunchiness of the pumpkin seeds.
Each bite will surprise you with an explosion of textures. But before I tell you more about the details of this recipe, let’s talk a little more about Brussels sprouts and why they should become a staple in your diet.
Brussels sprouts are not only delicious, but they are also loaded with essential nutrients for optimal health. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, folic acid, fiber and have powerful antioxidants that help protect our entire body.
Ingredients for brussels sprouts salad
- Brussels sprouts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Lime juice and zest
- Avocado oil, olive oil, or other neutral-flavored oil
step by step for a perfect brussels sprouts salad
Step 1: Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly under cold water to remove any dirt or impurities. Then, remove the tougher outer leaves if necessary.
Step 2: Cut the ends in half or quarters, depending on the desired size. If they are very large, it is better to cut them into smaller pieces to make sure they cook evenly.
Step 3: Slice or chop the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible and place in a large bowl. Use a mandolin or a food processor like me.
Step 4: Prepare the dressing by mixing the lime juice, oil, lime zest, and salt. It must be salty and acidic for the salad to be tasty. Add it to the Brussels sprouts and mix well. Let stand for 3-5 minutes to marinate the flavors.
Step 5: Cut the avocado into cubes and finish the salad with the avocado and pumpkin seeds: taste and flavor. If you feel it lacks flavor, add more salt. I promise you that with just a pinch of salt, everything changes.
Why are Brussels sprouts a superfood?
They are an excellent vitamin C, folic acid, and dietary fiber source. In addition, they contain potent antioxidants that help protect our body against free radical damage and promote radiant, healthy skin.
These small vegetables are also rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium, and iron, which are essential to keep our bones strong and our blood healthy.
In addition to their nutritional benefits, brussels sprouts are also low in calories and fat, making them an excellent choice for those who want to lose weight or stay in shape.
Its high fiber content helps promote satiety and control appetite, which can help you avoid unnecessary cravings. They also contain anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation in our body and prevent chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
How to buy the best brussels sprouts
- Quality First: Look for fresh, bright green Brussels sprouts with tightly packed leaves. Avoid those with yellow spots or holes.
- Similar size: Try to choose cabbages of similar size so that they cook evenly.
- Storage: Store Brussels sprouts in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator inside a plastic bag with holes to allow air circulation. They usually keep well for a week.
Additional health benefits of eating brussels sprouts regularly
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, eating brussels sprouts regularly can have several positive effects on your health:
Improves digestion: Thanks to their high fiber content, brussels sprouts can help improve digestion and prevent problems such as constipation.
Strengthens the immune system: The vitamin C in Brussels sprouts is known for strengthening the immune system and preventing colds and illnesses.
Promotes eye health: brussels sprouts are rich in antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which are beneficial to eye health and may help prevent age-related eye diseases.
Supports bone health: Calcium and other minerals in Brussels sprouts are essential for maintaining strong bones and preventing osteoporosis-related diseases.
Other ways to prepare them
- Roasted: This is one of the most popular ways to cook Brussels sprouts because the high heat caramelizes the natural sugars in them. A little olive oil, salt, and pepper are all you need.
- Sautéed: For faster cooking, sautéing them in a pan with a little olive oil and garlic can give very good results.
- Steamed: If you prefer a healthier version, steaming Brussels sprouts preserve the most nutrients.
- Cooking Time: Be careful not to overcook them to avoid a bitter taste and a too-soft texture.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Brussels Sprouts Salad with a Lime Dressing
- Food processor
- 25 Brussels collections more or less
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- lime zest
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Slice the brussels sprouts as thin as you can and put them in a bowl. Use a mandoline or food processor like I do.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.
- Add about half of the dressing to the tails and a pinch of salt. Mix very well and taste to see if it needs more seasoning or salt.
- Before serving, add the seeds and diced avocado.
- Look for a neutral-flavored oil to make the dressing but avoid canola or corn. They are not good for your health.
- Nothing happens to the little tails if you put the dressing on them ahead of time, in fact, they soften and are tastier.
- Just don’t add the avocado and seeds until you are about to serve.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.