This zucchini galette is a savory galette that is quick to make and perfect to serve as breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I love making this recipe in the summer because that’s when zucchini is best.
Whole wheat crust, savory, healthy almond filling and topped with super thin sliced zucchinis and red onion. Here is the recipe; please share if you like it.
WHAT IS A GALETTE?
A galette is a pie with no formal shape and no pie dish. You can say it is an informal pie. The galette is a recipe that originated in France and has always been very successful because of how easy it is to make and how beautiful it always turns out.
Basically, a galette is a type of dough with a fruit or vegetable filling. You can make blackberry galettes, apple galettes, pear, plum, etc. Really, whatever comes to your mind because it can be sweet or savory.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ZUCCHINI GALETTE AND RED ONION
- Flour I use whole wheat flour but you can use the one you like best.
- Olive oil
- Ice water, serve water in a cup and then add ice if you don’t have really cold ice water.
- Almonds soaked in water for at least three hours, it is better that they are soaked so that they are soft. If you don’t have time to soak them, nothing happens, just blend for a longer time. You can substitute them without a problem with cashew, macadamia nuts, or pistachios.
- Lemon juice, use lemon, lime or substitute with apple cider vinegar .
- Garlic. natural garlic is always going to be better.
- Water, if your blender needs a little bit to run well.
- Red onion, you can substitute shallot or white or yellow onion.
HOW TO MAKE A GALETTE?
- Food processor (affiliate link). You can do it in the food processor . It is faster to do it here, add the flour and oil and pulse until everything is combined. When the flour has the consistency of wet sand, add the water little by little until you have a malleable dough. Form a disk with it, cover it and let it rest for five minutes or until you have the rest of the ingredients for the savory zucchini galette ready.
- With your hands. You can make this by hand in a large mixing bowl. As with the food processor, you put the flour and oil first and then mix. When it looks like wet sand, add the water and mix until it forms a smooth dough. Form a disk, cover, and set it aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE THE BEST GALETTE
- Let the dough rest for a minimum of five minutes so that you can stretch it better.
- Try to make the filling as dry as possible so that the bottom does not become soggy.
- When you roll it out, do it on a piece of parchment paper . This makes flipping the edges easier.
- One of the beauties of a galettes is that it does not matter how you do it or how beautiful or ugly the edge your dough is on the edges, it always comes out of the oven beautiful.
- Add the ingredients that you want. If you want to add tomato, corn, herbs such as basil, mint, or a good spoonful of pesto, go for it. Really, it will turn out more delicious.
- Bake until the edge is golden brown and the dough is crisp.
HOW TO SERVE THE ZUCCHINI GALETTE?
- Breakfast or brunch. Have it with a green juice, with fresh coffee, and with a fruit of the season on the side.
- Lunch. Serve alongside a salad with a simple vinaigrette or a summer panzanella.
- Dinner. For dinner, you can serve it alone or with a salad. It is also very tasty if you have it with a chickpea and bean salad. For starters, you can serve a lentil soup or a tomato soup with chipotle.
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for this zucchini galette and please share a photo when you make it on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest. It would be amazing if you tell me how it went in the comments section. If you have doubts or ideas, let me know also in that section. Give it 5 stars so that more people can find it.
Zuchinni Galette, easy,vegan and deliciuos
- Food processor
- Parchment papaer
- 1¼ cup flour I use whole wheat
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 cup almonds soaked in water for three hours minimum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 zucchinis
- 1/4 red onion
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn on the oven to 350ºF degrees.
- To make the crust, first mix the flour and salt. Add one by one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix with your hands until it forms the consistency of wet sand. Add water, the same way, spoonful by spoonful until a smooth dough forms and does not stick to the bowl. Put it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- To soak the almonds, I just cover them with water and leave them at room temperature for a minimum of three hours. Then drain well before using.
- To make the filling, mix in a food processor or blender almonds, lemon, garlic, 2 tablespoons of cold water and salt.
- Slice the onion and the three pieces of zucchini as thin as possible. If you have a mandolin , it is best.
- Roll the dough crust on a parchment paper piece or a silicone mat in a round shape it does not have to be perfect and about a half centimeter thick.
- Spread the almond mixture on an even layer, add the zucchini slices to the almond mixture and top with the onion slices. Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until you see that the crust is firm and the onions are brown around the edges.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.