This chickpea and black bean salad has all the perfect and delicious flavors of Mediterranean food. If you like hummus, I’m sure you’ll like this salad too.
About this recipe
This chickpea salad is very easy to make. It is the perfect salad for lunch, a healthy appetizer, or a snack. It is one of those salads that is so easy you learn the recipe for by heart, and whoever you serve it to loves it.
It is healthy, easy, tangy, and perfect!
- Chickpeas and black beans, You can use black beans and chickpeas from a can or cook them at home. You could also substitute with kidney beans or navy beans.
- Tomato, red onion, and garlic, all finely chopped.
- Finely chopped parsley.
- Red wine or apple cider vinegar (affiliate link).
- Olive oil
- Aleppo pepper (affiliate link), sumac, or dried chili powder, if not available
How to make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Chop everything very finely and mix. Season well and taste; adjust flavor if necessary. It really is super easy to make.
How to serve the salad
This Mediterranean salad tastes delicious on its own, on top of mixed lettuce salad, or with homemade crackers, toast, a slice of bread, or pita.
You can also serve it over brown rice for a more substantial meal or over a bed of hummus for a spectacular snack.
Other recipes with chickpeas
- Chickpeas with curry and cauliflower
- Chana masala
- Hummus, classic recipe
- Hummus with jalapeño
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
- 1 salad bowl
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped very small
- 2-1 clove garlic minced super fine
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 good pinches of salt
- Aleppo pepper or black pepper or dried chili powder
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and taste; adjust the seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Serve with pita bread if you want it as a snack or with brown rice if you wish it as more of a food type.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe first appeared in Piloncillo&Vainilla in 2017.
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023