Healthy chips, yes, they do exist, healthy sweet potato chips. They are amazing and super easy to prepare; my kids love to make them and eat them.
The best part is that they go well with any dip, guacamole, or seasoning. For this recipe, I used smoked paprika and cumin. They are delicious.
About this recipe
This healthy vegan snack is also straightforward to make, and it is perfect for making it with your kids. The only “difficult” part about this recipe is slicing the sweet potatoes, you must use a sharp knife or a mandolin.
how to make baked sweet potato chips?
- Wash and pat dry your sweet potatoes. Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, thinly slice them.
- Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Season the sweet potato slices with the seasoning of your choice. Add a bit of oil with a brush or spray.
- Bake for ten minutes, turn the baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes more.
sweet potato healthy benefits
Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber, vitamins A, C, B6, and manganese. They also contain potassium and are a good source of copper and iron.
Tips & tricks
In this list, you will find some helpful tips and tricks that I think will make your life easier while making these healthy sweet potato chips.
- For these baked chips, I like to use small-ish sweet potatoes; I think they look more beautiful and get a better crunch.
- You could use any color or a mix of all.
- I also prefer to use a mandoline to slice the vegetable instead of a knife.
When using a mandoline, we can achieve an even thickness of the sweet potato, which translates into even cooking. If you are using a sharp knife, try to make the thickness of the slices as even as possible.
- When placing the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet, do not overlap them. It is better if each slice has its place on the baking sheet.
- You can season the baked chips with anything you like. I mean, even with only salt and pepper will taste good. But if you feel adventurous, use chili powders and a mix of spices.
- I have this recipe for baked sweet potatoes with a homemade Latin spice mix that is very, very good.
ideas to eat healthy chips
- These chips are perfect on their own or with freshly made Mexican salsa Verde, with guacamole, drizzled with chamoy sauce, or vegan Mexican crema.
- You can even prepare them as healthy nachos with refried beans and all the finishing topping I mentioned above.
So here is the recipe for these homemade healthy sweet potato chips, and I hope you like them. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog, and don’t forget to post a picture of your creation on Instagram or Fb, I love to see what you do.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rate this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Healthy sweet potato chips
- 3 sweet potatoes thinly sliced with a mandolin or sharp knife
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablesspoons neutral tasting oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchement paper or a silicone mat.
- Slice the sweeet potatoes and put them in a bowl with the oil and spices. Mix well with your hands so that everything is well covered.
- Arrange potato slices on a tray try to not overlap.
- Put in the oven for ten minutes then rotate the trays and leave for 5 extra minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.