Kale salad with lemon dressing is perfect if you like fresh flavors and simple but healthy salads. It is also ideal to enjoy as a starter or side dish any time of the year.
About this recipe
Besides being easy to prepare, this salad is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that will help keep your body healthy and full of energy.
Prepare it like me or use my recipe as a base and add tomato, cucumber, nuts, or even cheese, feta, or even mozzarella (vegan).
Ingredients to make the salad
- Kale. Wash the kale very well and remove the thick stems—dry and place in a large salad bowl (affiliate link). You can also use store-bought kale that comes washed and without stems, ready to eat. You will need a teaspoon of olive oil and salt to massage it before dressing it.
- Lemon dressing. Use my recipe, or if you want, you can use lemon juice and good olive oil.
- Pistachios. I love the combination of lemon juice and pistachios, but pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, croutons, and almonds (affiliate link) also work well.
How to make kale salad with lemon dressing
First, the kale must be massaged. Add a teaspoon or two of oil to the kale and a pinch of salt. Use your clean hands to gently rub and squeeze the kale leaves, massaging them with olive oil and salt. As you massage, you will notice that the leaves begin to soften and reduce in volume.
Set aside and prepare the dressing. Let the kale stand for about 3-5 minutes, and prepare the dressing.
Dress the salad. Gradually add the dressing and mix. Taste and add more if necessary.
Finish with pistachios or nuts, or seeds of your choice.
Tips for making the salad
Choose fresh ingredients: Be sure to use fresh, high-quality ingredients. You can opt for vegetables that are in season and from your area.
Vary the ingredients: Use different kale leaves or use different spinach or lettuce.
Finish with something crunchy: Add something crunchy like nuts, seeds, or croutons to give different textures to the salad.
Use a homemade vinaigrette: A salad with a good homemade dressing will always be better; it really makes a difference.
How to wash kale?
Separate the leaves from the stem: The kale stem is tougher and fibrous, so you should remove it before washing the leaves. Grasp the stem and pull downward to separate the leaves.
Soak the leaves in cold water: Place the kale leaves in a bowl of cold water. If you have a large container, you can add the whole leaves; otherwise, cut the leaves into smaller pieces and place them in the container. Move to loosen the soil, and so on.
Rinse with fresh water: Remove the leaves from the water and rinse with fresh water to remove any remaining dirt or residue.
Dry the leaves: Use a salad spinner or a clean cloth to dry the kale leaves. If you don’t have any of these, you can place the leaves on a paper towel and press gently to absorb excess water.
Other recipes you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 1 salad bowl
- 4 handfuls of kale clean and without stems
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon dressing
- ¼ cup pistachios shelled
- First, you have to massage the kale. Add one to two teaspoons of oil to the kale and a pinch of salt. Use your clean hands to gently rub and squeeze the kale leaves, massaging them with olive oil and salt. As you massage, you will notice the leaves begin to soften and reduce in volume.
- Set aside and prepare the dressing. Let the kale rest for about 3-5 minutes, and prepare the dressing.
- Dress the salad. Gradually add the dressing and mix. Try and add more if necessary.
- Finish with pistachios or any nuts or seeds of your choice.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023
- TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS (TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS) - May 25, 2023