These vegan pumpkin scones are perfect for rainy afternoons with a good cup of tea or coffee. While you bake them, your house will smell amazing; it smells like fall and warm spices. Do you start craving pumpkin flavors as soon as the cold weather starts? I do.
Why do I love vegan pumpkin scones?
And I’m so happy that fall is here. Fall weather is the best time to eat things with delicious species and warm flavors, like cinnamon, clove, etc. Whenever I think about this type of food, I imagine being in a cabin, covered with a blanket, a coffee, and reading an incredible book.
And then I open my eyes, and no, it turns out that I’m at home, and it’s still not chili (because I live in Texas, and it’s HOT… ). But anyway, I’m always thrilled to eat warm and delicious pumpkin scones with spices and maple glace.
Fall flavors for the win
I know that we will start seeing everywhere these fall flavors pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie creamer, cereal, and I am excited; they are the best. Don’t you love them? Well, I love Autumn; I enjoy the weather, the food we find on menus of different restaurants, and the dishes we can prepare with seasonal vegetables and fruits. But there is something about fall that fascinates me, the warm spices.
Ingredients for the
- All purpose-flour
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie species
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin puree, you can use homemade or strore bought
- Vegetable milk, I like to use almond milk or oat milk.
- Maple syrup
- Confectioners sugar
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spices
- Chopped walnuts
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- Other scone recipes: I have always loved scones. They are my perfect pastry. They are soft, flavorful and sweet but super sweet. I love them so much that I have tons of vegan scones recipes, like these with blueberries, these with strawberries and coming soon a chocolate chip scone recipe.
- Do not over mix: Vegan scones are super easy to prepare, the only trick is not to over mix the dough. Other than that you just mix the ingredients, form the scones and bake them.
- Note on the puree: I use this pumpkin puree from Amazon when I use store bought, I normally use homemade.
- Don’t have spice the spice mix? No worries. In the note section of the recipe card, you can find a homemade recipe for pumpkin pie spice mix.
- Form the scone. Make one scone or 8 different ones. I like to form a disk with the vegan scone dough and then cut them in 8 pieces. But if you prefer, you can bake them in separate triangles.
- About the glaze. The maple syrup glaze is the best, if you love maple syrup you should also try these vegan banana doughnuts with maple glaze…yum.
So here is the recipe for these vegan pumpkin scones with maple glaze, and I hope you like them as much as I do. Please share on Instagram, Fb o save it for later on Pinterest.
Vegan Pumpkin Scones with Maple Glaze
- Baking sheets
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie species
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spices
- 1/4 cup chopped walnut
- Turn the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, pumpkin puree, milk, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper or a silicone mat. Put the mix on it and form a disk.
- With a chef’s spatula or a large knife, divide the dough disc into eight pieces.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze in a bowl mix the confectioners’ sugar, coconut oil, maple honey, and spices. If the mixture is very stiff, add water little by little, not more than one teaspoon at a time.
- Remove the scones from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Pour the icing on top of the scones and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- How to prepare a Paloma with Mezcal? - June 2, 2023
- Scrambled tofu and vegetable burritos - June 1, 2023
- Thai Green Curry with vegetables - June 1, 2023
I need to try this vegan pumpkin scones with maple glaze. Looks delicious babe, I need this in my life right now!
I’m all into pumpkin and spices and the fall season…. the thing I like the most about your pumpkin scones y how easy.to-make they are!
Those vegan pumpkin scones look so delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I also love cinnamon
And clove spices. Can’t wait to try it.
What a delicious treat! Maybe this recipe will be my excuse to make scones for the first time
Totally agree! this kind of recipes are my favourite in autumn!
Yummmmyyy!!! These vegan pumpkin scones with maple glaze look so amazing, I just want to take a bite!! They’re perfect for Fall too:)) I pinned it so I can have the recipe for later, thank you!
Yummy. I love vegan recipes and pumpkin scones. ¡Happy week!