You have no idea how much I love pumpkin puree and all the recipes that call for pumpkin. Not only do I love the taste, but I also love the idea that we can add all the nutrients from the pumpkin to recipes like scones, granola, and many more. This post is a how-to easy homemade pumpkin puree.
I have to confess that this is the first time that I prepare pumpkin puree at home. And when I tried it and realized how easy it is to make, I couldn’t believe how it never occurred to me to make homemade pumpkin puree before. But hey, I already learned, and it’s the easiest.
✎TIP The pumpkins that we use to make Jackolanterens for Halloween aren't that great for making this pure. They are edible but the pulp is fibrous and tasteless.
How to make easy homemade pumpkin puree?
- Choose wisely. Choose the pumpkin you are going to puree. Not all pumpkins are good for this; most of them are edible, but they are not as flavorful, or their pulp is very stringy. The best ones are small ones called sugar pumpkins or the pie pumpkins.
- Clean. Wash the pumpkin very well with soap and water.
- Slice in half. Cut it in half with a sharp knife and forcefully cut into the middle.
- Seeds. With a spoon, remove all the seeds; you can save them if you want to roast them later.
- Cook. Choose your method of preference:
- Bake. Prepare a tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat and put the pumpkin facing down. Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes or until the peel changes color and looks soft. I will lose its shape.
- Steam. Cut the pumpkin into pieces and put it in a steamer until soft.
- Boil. Cut the pumpkin into small pieces and remove the skin. Put the pieces in a pot of water. Boil until soft.
- Separate the pulp from the skin with a spoon and blend or use a food processor (affiliate link).
For me, the best way to make pumpkin puree is in the oven. I love it because I put the pumpkin in the oven and I forget about it. I will go from time to time to check on it.
RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH PUMPKIN PUREE
So here is the recipe to make pumpkin puree, and I hope you like it as much as I do. If you make your puree and/or make an easy pumpkin puree dessert recipe at home, please let me know. Or take a picture of it and share it on Fb, Instagram or save it to make it later on Pinterest.
It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have doubts or ideas, put them there.
EAsy Homemade pumkin puree
- Baking sheets
- 1 pumpkin for pie or sweet pumpkin
- Wash the pumpkin with soap and water.
- Cut it in half with a sharp knife and forcefully cut it in half.
- With a spoon remove all the seeds.
- Prepare a tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat and put the pumpkin facing down.
- Bake at 350ºF or until the peel changes color and looks soft that has lost its shape.
- Separate the pulp from the skin with a spoon and blend.
- Store in glass jars in the refrigerator
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate; the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
What you need
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023