Sheet pan gnocchi with herbed butter is the kind of meal everybody loves and thinks you spent hours and hours in the kitchen making, when in reality, cooking it just got done with the touch of a button.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
This is the recipe you want to make when you are in a hurry, don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen doing clean-up, or feel a bit stressed. Especially during the holidays, we can feel overwhelmed when so many things are going on in our lives.
WHY BAKED GNOCCHI ARE SO AMAZING?
Because you’ll have the most delicious dinner in three simple steps: chop, bake, mix, and then serve them. There is no right or wrong way to make them, and you can double the recipe without a problem.
I made this recipe in my GE Profile oven, which has precision cooking functions that remove all the guesswork from my cooking, and with that, I can tell that it alleviates 100% of my stressful days.
Why???? Because just by chopping some vegetables, throwing them in the oven, and pushing a button, I know that a healthy and delicious dinner will be on the table on time.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SHEET PAN GNOCCHI
- Vegetables. Eggplant, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and garlic.
- Gnocchi. I prefer dry potato gnocchi for this recipe. Barilla or Trader Joe’s are my favorite.
- Herbed butter. Use your favorite butter (I use vegan) and tender herbs, such as parsley, chives, and thyme.
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN GNOCCHI?
Dice all the vegetables about the same size and place them on a baking sheet with the cherry tomatoes. Open the gnocchi package and place it with the veggies.
Cut the garlic head in half and place it with the cut side facing down. Drizzle everything generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and delicious.
HOW TO GET THE PERFECT OVEN GNOCCHI AND VEGETABLES?
With the GE Profile oven, you make dinner with the touch of a button. This oven has so many perfect and amazing functions, but one of my favorites is the precision cooking mode function. This function not only gives me a perfect dish, it also gives me peace of mind.
The precision cooking mode settings have been tested hundreds of times by chefs and food scientists to always give the best results. These settings track progress, modify temperatures and adjust the cooking time automatically with a smart system.
So, gnocchi is made of potatoes, right? So I use the potato-roasting cooking mode to make them. I just pop them in the oven, and voilá! When done, I got a notification on my phone (because the oven will send you updates and let it control it no matter where you are… I know, amazing!)
HOW TO FINISH THE BAKED GNOCCHI RECIPE?
When the gnocchi is soft and the rest of the vegetables roasted and delicious, take the garlic cloves from the pan and squeeze the garlic cloves out into a small bowl with the softened butter and fresh herbs.
Mix and season with a good pinch of salt and freshly crushed black pepper. Add a couple of tablespoons of this butter to the sheet pan. The butter will melt and finish flavoring the baked gnocchi.
Finish with a handful of spinach, parmesan cheese, or fresh basil.
Other recipes that you may like:
- Pasta with roasted mushrooms, garlic and chile guajillo
- Easy cleanup meatballs
- Onion and tomato pasta
- Broccoli and pasta perfect weeknight dinner
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does this weeknight dinner need marinara sauce? No, the roasted cherry tomatoes will release their juices, and mixed with that roasted garlic herbed butter you’ll have all the flavor you need.
Can I finish with cheese? Yes! Feel free to add mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, or any other cheese that you like.
How can I make it spicy? Season with red pepper flakes.
Is gnocchi better baked or boiled? If you want a stress-free weeknight dinner, bake it! It tastes amazing.
Do I have to boil gnocchi before baking? There is no need to.
Do you recommend buying the GE Profile oven? Yes, absolutely, 100%. It is a game changer!
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
SHEET PAN GNOCCHI WITH HERBED BUTTER
- Sheet pan
- Cutting board
- 1 16-oz Potato gnocchi
- 1 eggplant 3-4 cups diced
- 1 12-oz cherry tomato
- 2 zuchinni 3-4 cups diced
- 1 red bell pepper 2 cups diced
- 1 head of garlic
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 stick of butter 8 tablespoons, 4 oz. (1⁄4 pound), 113g
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice optional
- Dice all the vegetables about the same size and place them on a baking sheet with the cherry tomatoes. Open the gnocchi package and place it with the veggies.Cut the garlic head in half and place it with the cut side facing down. Drizzle everything generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and delicious.
- When the gnocchi is soft and the rest of the vegetables roasted, take the garlic cloves from the pan and squeeze the garlic cloves out into a small bowl with the softened butter and fresh herbs.Mix and season with a good pinch of salt and freshly crushed black pepper. Add a couple of tablespoons of this butter to the sheet pan. The butter will melt and finish flavoring the baked gnocchi.
- Finish with a handful of spinach, parmesan cheese, or fresh basil.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.