In this post
About this recipe
This recipe may seem very simple, or it may even raise doubts. Doubts about the ingredients include doubts about how easy it is or because you simply cannot imagine what it tastes like.
But let me tell you, this two-ingredient vegan taco recipe is incredibly delicious. It’s a recipe that used to be made in my house when I was a girl, and now I make it very often. It’s very easy to make, and everyone likes it. Serve it with corn tortillas, or you can make burritos with flour tortillas.
How to Make cabbage and chorizo tacos
Cabbage Chorizo Tacos
- 1 Skillet
- 6 oz soy chorizo
- 4 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Slice the red cabbage as thinly as you can.
- Remove the chorizo from its plastic casing.
- In a skillet, add the chorizo, cabbage, and teaspoon of salt. Stir constantly until the cabbage is fully cooked. The cabbage should reduce by half.
- Prepare the tacos with corn tortillas and serve with Mexican green salsa.
- Remove the outer leaves.
- Cut the cabbage in half: With the stem facing down, cut the cabbage into two halves, from the top to the base. If the cabbage is very large, you can cut each half again to obtain quarters.
- Remove the core: Place each cabbage half cut-side down on the cutting board. Cut diagonally around the core (the solid part at the base of the cabbage) and remove it.
- Slice the cabbage: Now, with the flat area of the cabbage facing down for stability, start slicing the cabbage into thin or thick strips, as you prefer. Use of a food processor: If you prefer a quicker method and have one on hand, you can use a food processor with a slicing attachment to cut the cabbage into uniform strips.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.