If I tell you that this creamy vegan vodka sauce pasta is ready in 15 minutes, would you believe me? Moreover, this recipe is super easy to make, creamy, perfect, and delicious.
Vegan Vodka Sauce Pasta is a delicious and creamy dish that packs a flavorful punch! This vegan version of a classic Italian favorite is made with a rich tomato-based sauce infused with vodka, garlic, and cashews (affiliate link).
About this recipe
The dairy-free pasta sauce is tossed with your favorite pasta and topped with vegan parmesan cheese for an indulgent dish sure to please everyone. This vegan vodka sauce is surprisingly easy to make and delicious when served with a good caesar salad or some greens with a simple vinaigrette.
Ingredients for the CREAMY VEGAN VODKA SAUCE PASTA
- Pasta. Penne is one of the favorite types of pasta for vodka sauce. The ridges of the penne hold onto the sauce, and the shape is perfect for scooping up the sauce and cheese. But linguine, rigatoni or spagetti works well as well.
- Canned tomato. San Marzano tomatoes are the best. Use whole or chopped.
- Vodka. You only need one tiny bottle, not much needed, just 2 oz. If you don’t have vodka, you can substitute it with tequila.
- Garlic. Thinly sliced, not chopped, so it does not burn. Putting it in tiny pieces will burn quickly, and the flavor will turn bitter.
- Cashews (affiliate link). If you don’t have raw cashews, you can substitute them with blanched or sliced almonds (affiliate link).
- Olive oil, oregano, and red chili pepper flakes.
💡How to choose the best-canned tomatoes?
- Look for tomatoes that are labeled “whole” or “diced.” Whole tomatoes are usually more flavorful, while diced tomatoes are more convenient for cooking.
2. Check the ingredients list. Look for cans that list only tomatoes and salt—avoid any that list added preservatives, sugar, or other additives.
3. Check the can’s label for “packed in juice” or “packed in a puree.” Tomatoes that are packed in juice or puree tend to be more flavorful.
4. Look for tomatoes labeled “organic” or “no salt added.” Organic tomatoes are grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides, while no-salt-added tomatoes are lower in sodium.
5. Consider the can’s expiration date. Make sure the tomatoes you buy are within their expiration date.
💥Super important💥 Do not forget to salt the water before cooking the pasta. It really makes a difference, and if you need water to thin your sauce, pasta water is the best water to use.
How to make vegan vodka sauce
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Add olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano in a large pot. Sauté for 30 seconds or so, and pour the vodka in. Let it cook for 1 minute or until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the tomatoes and cashews. When it starts to boil, turn the heat off, and with an immersion blender (affiliate link) or blender, blend until smooth. Be careful not to burn yourself; it will be very hot—season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce into the pot if you use a blender. Start adding the pasta to the pot. If it is very thick, add water from where the pasta was cooked.
- Finish with vegan Parmesan cheese and minced parsley. Serve with a Caesar salad, a salad with a simple vinaigrette, or a good kale salad.
If you want to make this vegan vodka pasta even faster, use tomato puree and sour cashew cream so you don’t have to blend it afterward.
Other vegan recipes that you may like:
Vegan Vodka Sauce Pasta is a great way to taste a classic Italian dish without meat or dairy. The rich, creamy sauce is full of flavor plus comes together quickly, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Enjoy this tasty vegan dinner and feel good knowing it’s both delicious and guilt-free!
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Creamy Vegan Vodka Pasta Sauce
- Pasta pot
- 12 in skillet or dutch oven
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 2 oz Vodka 50 ml
- 28 oz can tomato 1 large can- 749 grams
- 1/3 cup raw cashew
- chopped parsley for serving
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, garlic, chili, and oregano. When it starts to smell delicious, 30 seconds or so, pour the vodka in. Let it cook for 1 minute or until the alcohol evaporates a little.
- Add the tomatoes and cashews. When it starts to boil, you turn it off, and with an immersion blender or blender, blend everything. Be careful not to burn yourself; it will be very hot—season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce into the pot if you used a blender. Start adding the pasta to the pot. If it is very thick, add water from where the pasta was cooked.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
What you need
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023