For a simple healthy side dish with the perfect crunch, try this Roasted Green Bean Salad with Navy Beans and Preserved Lemons. It tastes great on its own or as a side dish with a tasty homemade entree.
What Is It?
The Roasted Green Bean Salad with Navy Beans and Preserved Lemons is a refreshing, flavorful meal consisting of wholesome, healthy ingredients that you can enjoy.
The green beans have a crisp and slightly smoky taste from roasting them, but they’re even better when topped with the soft and flavorful navy beans. The preserved lemons add a citrus-like flavor that accentuates the roasted green beans and the navy beans, tying everything together into one delicious side dish.
You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make this roasted green bean salad with navy beans and preserved lemons. The best part is that you can eat it for lunch or as a side dish.
What Will I Need to Make It?
You need to have several important ingredients to prepare this delicious recipe, including:
- Green Beans. Use a pound of green beans and make sure to wash them beforehand.
- Navy Beans. You will add one can of navy beans to your green beans.
- Garlic. Use about two cloves of minced garlic for flavor.
- Preserved Lemon. Chop your preserved lemon into small pieces before you use it.
- Capers. Chop your capers into pieces and add them to the dish.
You should also have white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, vegetable oil, and chili pepper flakes to prepare the Roasted Green Bean Salad with Navy Beans and Preserved Lemons.
Should I Use Store-Bought Navy Beans?
You can buy the navy beans at the store. However, there is nothing wrong with using home-cooked navy beans. If you have home-cooked navy beans, feel free to use them when preparing this recipe.
Do I Have to Use Capers?
Capers add a bit of extra flavor to this dish, making them the perfect addition to use. If you don’t like capers, you can leave them out and still enjoy this incredibly flavorful dish.
How Long Will It Take to Make?
It’s so easy to prepare the Roasted Green Bean Salad with Navy Beans and Preserved Lemons. You can expect to have it done and ready to enjoy in 20 minutes. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients with an additional 10 minutes to cook everything.
How Many Servings Does It Make?
Follow this recipe to make up to six servings. Each serving has about 230 calories, making this a light and flavorful dish to enjoy.
Do I Need to Use Fresh Garlic?
It’s best to use fresh garlic. You can chop the cloves into tiny pieces before adding them to the dish. If you don’t have fresh garlic, but you do have minced garlic in a jar, you can use it as a substitute.
How to Serve the Roasted Green Bean Salad
When you’re serving the Roasted Green Bean Salad with Navy Beans and Preserved Lemons, be sure to put it on a flat plate instead of a bowl. When you put it in a bowl, the green beans can eventually become soggy, which takes away from that naturally tasty crunch that they’ll have when you’ve finished preparing them.
But before I give you the complete recipe, let me tell you what are preserved lemons in case you don’t know them.
Preserved lemons are just that, lemons that have been preserved for over a month with salt and spices. The result… a super lemony, salty, tarty, delicious ingredient that you will love to use always.
tips, tricks & other recipes:
- For this green bean salad, you can use store-bought or home-cooked navy beans.
- If you choose to use store-bought, buy the best that you can find and with the least ingredients added. Rinse them before using them.
- Here is a link on Amazon o en cualquier super. Busca unos en tu super, te van a encantar y los puedes usar en muchas cosas.
- I love capers and love the layer of flavor they give in every bite. If you don’t like them, don’t use them.
- One very important thing about this recipe is that it will be best if you serve it on a platter and not a salad bowl. If you serve it in a bowl you can overcook the green beans and turn them into mush veggies. And we don’t want that.
- Here are other recipes that I think you will like: Roasted green beans with aioli, healthy vegan salad, hummus with roasted garlicky mushrooms, chickpeas soup with roasted avocado and charred limes.
So here is the recipe for this roasted green bean salad with navy beans and preserved lemons. It is sooooo good, that I’m pretty sure you’ll make it and make it and make it… so when you do, please share on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
ROASTED GREEN BEANS SALAD WITH NAVY BEANS AND PRESERVED LEMONS
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb of washed green beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked navy beans or 1 can
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- chili pepper flakes
- On a pan or skillet over medium-high heat, add the teaspoon of oil, the green beans, and leave them until brown on the edges.
- In the meantime, in a jar with a lid or bowl, mix the minced garlic, preserved lemons, capers, vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Mix well.
- When the beans are ready, put them on an extended platter, top with the navy beans, and finish with the dressing.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary, and sprinkle some chili flakes on top.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.