This recipe for baked green beans and aioli (vegan and cruelty-free) is the perfect and delicious side dish. Roasted green beans in the oven or in your air fryer (affiliate link) are so easy to make and flavorful. SO good, I could eat them all.
About this recipe
Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables. They are so versatile. You can eat them raw (fresh green beans), roasted, in soups, air fried, in tacos, rice… you name it.
And the good thing about them is that you will get all their amazing benefits no matter which way you eat them. All the fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, flavor, and texture.
Why roast your green beans
Let’s be real; green beans and string beans can be one of the most overcooked vegetables ever. You know what I am talking about, right? Mushy, overcooked, no texture at all beans. And we all know this is a complete disaster. They taste awful.
Roasted green beans are flavorful, have great texture, and are much easier to do.
How to roast green beans in the oven
So, to roast them and get the best texture, flavor, and experience when eating them… put the fresh trimmed green beans on a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil and season them with a generous pinch of salt.
Put them in the oven for over 20 minutes or until golden and crisp at a 400ºF oven.
How to serve the green beans?
When the green beans are roasted, crispy, and perfect, take them out of the oven and place them on a shallow platter. Drizzle the vegan aioli on top and finish with lemon zest and the fried capers.
For an easier version of this roasted green bean dish, remove them from the oven, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle some finishing salt, and finish with lemon zest.
Frequently asked questions
- What can I add to green beans for flavor? Finish them with freshly squeezed lemon juice, vegan parmesan cheese, or a delicious vinaigrette.
- Do I need to blanch green beans before baking? No, there is no need to blanch the green beans before baking.
- How do I trim green beans? Using a sharp knife, cut off the stem end and the tip of the bean.
Other green bean recipes that you will love:
Baked Green Beans
- 1 lb washed and trimmed green beans 454 grams
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the aioli
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put the beans in the tray, mix in the oil, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put the beans in the oven for 10 or 15 min. You’ll know they are done when they are a little crispy
- While the beans are in the oven mix the “mayo”, garlic, lemon juice, and salt.
- Put the green beans in a serving plate and add the aioli, capers and the lemon zest.
- You can fry the capers in a pan with a little vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Use an oil with a moderate smoke point like grape seed (organic preferably because conventional grapes have lots of pesticides), coconut or avocado.
- You can use homemade mayo or your favorite kind. Make sure when you buy it it doesn’t have an endless list of ingredients and if you find one made with olive oil…score!
- When I use garlic in my recipes, I like to let it rest for a bit.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023