This one-minute vegan chocolate mug cake with whipped coffee cream has become one of my favorite desserts. This dessert is vegan, luscious, and extremely delicious.
I don’t have a sweet tooth, and I usually find every dessert SUPER sweet. But dark chocolate has my heart. And dark chocolate is one of my favorite foods ever.
About this vegan mug cake
And not only because the flavor combination between coffee and chocolate is the best. It is also because this vegan mug cake is baked in a minute.
YES!!! Total happiness in a flash. Let me explain how to make this gooey, chocolatey, delicious, and vegan one-minute microwave cake.
how to make a one-minute microwave cake?
Making a microwave one-minute cake is as easy as mixing the ingredients in a mug and popping it in the microwave. But I have some tips and tricks to make this chocolate cake extra delicious.
Mix all of the ingredients in the mug; no need to use other bowls. But use a BIG mug; you will need room for stirring. Start by mixing all powders first, mix well, and ensure no flour lumps.
Then add the liquid ingredients. The baking soda will foam at the beginning but do not worry, keep mixing.
Tips and Tricks
- I like to use chunky almond butter, but make sure your almond butter is not dry. Almond butter is the fat in the cake. So the richer your almond butter is, the better.
- I like to add a big piece of dark chocolate in the middle of the batter, but you could also add chocolate chips to the whole mix.
- Also, this one-minute chocolate mug cake recipe calls for one tablespoon of sugar and one tablespoon of maple syrup. You could do two of each or just two tablespoons of sugar.
- It is important that you use good ingredients, good cocoa powder (affiliate link), and good chocolate. The better the chocolate, the richer the chocolate cake will be.
How to serve your vegan microwave cake
I love to serve this mug cake with whipped coffee (Dalgona coffee), which consists of whipping equal parts of instant coffee, sugar, and water. But if you prefer dairy-free vanilla ice cream o vegan whipped cream.
How to make coffee whipped cream
There are three basic methods for doing this whipped coffee topping for the chocolate cake. One is to whip it by hand; the other is to use an immersion blender (affiliate link) with the whisk attachment or use a mixer ( or stand mixer).
For me, the fastest method to prepare the Dalagona coffee is with the immersion blender (affiliate link) with the whisk attachment or even a handheld milk frother.
Here are some other vegan dessert recipes that you may love:
- Chocolate zucchini muffins
- Almond flour chocolate chips cookies
- 4 ingredient chocolate truffles
- Winter strawberry cake
So here is the recipe for this one-minute chocolate mug cake with whipped coffee, and I hope you like it as much as I do. Make it and share it on Instagram, on FB, or save it for later on Pinterest. Please note that this recipe has caffeine. And lastly, please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I love to read your comments so much!
Vegan chocolate mug cake with whipped coffee
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons crunchy almond butter
- ½ tablespoons vanilla
- 1 piece of chocolate or chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water
For the chocolate cake
- Mix all the powders in a mug. Slowly add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. Place a big chunck of chocolate in the middle of the batter.
- Put in the microwave for one minute and check for doneness. Add time by 15 seconds at a time. Every microwave is different so you will have to play a bit with the time.
For the whipped coffee
- Add all the ingredients in a tall glass and whip with an immersion blender until you have a delicous frothy coffee cream.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023