I decided to elevate a classic summer treat by using homemade graham crackers. This classic treat can be made vegan and a bit healthier. Let me tell you how.
There is a secret…
This recipe for homemade graham crackers is straightforward to prepare, and it has a secret ingredient. It is a vegetable.
Yes, I had to sneak up a veggie in there. Because, you know me, I ‘m not a huge fan of food dyes and crazy amounts of sugar in my kid’s food. I love to try and make treats in a bit healthier always. This recipe for homemade graham crackers is vegan and oil-less.
homemade graham crakers ingredients
- Sweet potato puree
- Maple syrup
- Almond butter
- Cinnamon powder
- Organic sprouted whole wheat flour
How to make homemade graham crackers?
- Mix. Mix the sweet potato puree with the almond butter, maple syrup, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the flour.
- Knead. Knead until you form a soft and easy to handle dough.
- Roll and cut. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick over parchment paper or a silicone mat. Cut into squares and pop into the oven.
- Bake. Bake the homemade graham crackers until golden.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Homemade graham crackers
- ½ cup of sweet potato puree
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 cups flour organic sprouted whole wheat flour
- Turn the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl mix the sweet potato puree, maple syrup, almond butter and sugar. Add the flour and cinnamon and mix until a soft and easy to knead dough forms.
- Dived the dough into two sheets of floured parchment paper or a silicone mat sprinkled with flour. Roll it out into two rectangles about 1/8 in thick. Divide the dough into large squares with a table knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- When ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool a bit before preparing the s’mores.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This post was sponsored by One Degree Organicas in 2018.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023