A good chocolate mousse is a recipe that always impresses. This recipe is easy, vegan, luscious, and so so good. If I told you that this mousse always turns out perfect and doesn’t have sugar, would you prepare it?
I hope you do because eating deliciously is the best and more if it is healthy. Eating well does not have to be boring or bland, and this chocolate mousse is the proof. This vegan dessert is made with 4 ingredients and in the blender.
You can serve it as an individual dessert or make it in a large mold and take it to the table as a family-style dish. For real, when I tell you how easy it is to make this vegan mousse, you won’t believe it.
Ingredients for the easy vegan chocolate mousse
- Tofu. Tofu does not have a definite flavor; it has no flavor at all. Tofu absorbs the flavors you add to it. In this case, it will absorb the flavor of chocolate and vanilla.
- Almond milk, you can use homemade or store-bought almond milk. It also works well with any other non-dairy milk.
- Chocolate. I like to use dark chocolate, so it is dairy-free, and I use the semi-sweet one. As this mousse does not have sugar, you must choose a more or less 60% cocoa chocolate so that it is not so bitter.
- Vanilla. Vanilla extract or vanilla powder, use whatever you have at home.
🔥TIP There are various textures of tofu, there is extra firm tofu, firm tofu, and silken tofu. For this recipe use silken tofu. This type of tofu is sold in two ways, one is in a tetrapack that you will find in the non-perishable aisles of the supermarket; the other one is in the refrigerated section of the supermarket. This one comes in a plastic containter.
How to make the vegan mousse?
It only takes three steps to make it.
- Heat the milk and melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Put the tofu, warm milk, chocolate, and vanilla in the blender and blend until everything is integrated. Pour the mixture into individual molds, I used these cocottes, but you can use any individual mold or even a large one.
- Let it cool until firm.
💡NOTE How to melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or double broiler: • Bring a pot of water to a boil. • On top of the pot, place a bowl with chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. • Move the chocolate constantly until it is melted. Be careful not to burn yourself with the boiling water or vapor.
Some ideas to serve the mousse
- Finish with coconut whipped cream
- You can use chocolate truffles on the top.
- With strawberries, blackberries, or any other fresh chopped fruit.
- With chopped walnuts, marshmallows, sliced bananas
- A mix of spices like cinnamon, dried chili peppers, etc.
- Dried flower petals or rose petals like me
Here is the recipe for this vegan chocolate mousse, and I hope you like it as much as we do. Please take a photo of it when you make it and put it on Instagram or Fb for all of us to see. If you are going to do make this later, save it on Pinterest.
It would also be incredible if you left your questions or comments below and gave this recipe 5 stars.
Easy Vegan Chocolate mousse
- Heat the milk in a saucer or small pot.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler.
- Add the milk, melted chocolate, vanilla and tofu to the blender and blend until smooth. Add a pinch of salt if you like.
- Pour the mousse into individual molds or cocottes and put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Finish with your favorite topping.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.