You really have to include this roasted broccoli with peanut sauce in your weekly menu. After this, you’ll never want to eat boiled, overcooked, boring broccoli again. I’m sure you’re going to love this recipe!
About this recipe
This is more than a recipe; it is an idea of how to eat broccoli and take advantage of all its health benefits. It is a very easy recipe. Roasting broccoli is very easy and can be done on a griddle (affiliate link), in an air fryer (affiliate link), or in the oven.
The peanut sauce is easy to make you only have to mix the ingredients. Try it; you will really love it.
Ingredients to make roasted broccoli
- Broccoli. A head of broccoli cut into florets save the heart from making broccoli cream later. I confess that I use broccoli from a bag that comes already cut.
- For the peanut sauce: peanut butter (unsweetened) or almond cream, tahini, lemon juice, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and salt.
- To serve: chopped peanuts, chives, and, if you like, cilantro, mint, etc.
How to roast broccoli?
Air fryer (affiliate link): Preheat the air fryer to 200 °C or 400 °F. Cut the broccoli into small florets, and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and salt. Cover the florets well.
Place broccoli in the air fryer and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Skillet: Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the broccoli into small florets and add them to the pan. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and salt. Let the broccoli cook for 8-10 minutes or until the broccoli is golden brown on all sides.
Oven: Preheat the oven to 200 °C or 400 °F. Cut the broccoli into small florets and place them on a baking sheet. Add a tablespoon of vegetables and salt. Make sure the broccoli is well coated, bake for 15-20 minutes, and turn the pan halfway through to ensure it cooks evenly.
How to make peanut sauce?
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and gradually integrate the mixture. The secret to making it run on top of the broccoli and make it creamy and delicious is to add hot water little by little. Mix until it has the consistency you like. Taste and adjust the flavor.
Ideas for eating roasted broccoli with peanuts
- As is, the roasted broccoli with the peanut sauce on top.
- On top of some noodles or brown rice pasta
- Top of quinoa or brown rice
- Or you can use it as a snack.
Other broccoli recipes you may like:
- Vegan cream of broccoli soup
- Broccoli salad
- Pasta with broccoli
- Broccoli and shiitakes soup
- Broccoli and croutons soup
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH PEANUT SAUCE
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet, skillet, or air fryer
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
TO SERVE (OPTIONAL):
- Chopped peanuts
- 1 scallion stalk or green onion
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Cut the broccoli florets. Don’t throw away the stems; they can be used to make soup or salad.
- Place them on a baking sheet and add the tablespoon of oil and salt. Mix well, making sure they are well coated, and use your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the sauce well. If it’s too thick, add hot water to make it more liquid. If it becomes too watery, adjust the flavors to taste.
If you have leftovers, store them in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator.
Store the sauce separately in a tightly closed jar in the refrigerator. This sauce can last up to two weeks if stored properly.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Celery Juice: Discover its Properties and Benefits - May 29, 2023
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023