Asparagus is a delicious and healthy vegetable that can be cooked in many ways! If you have an air fryer, or your oven or toaster oven has an air fryer function, prepare the asparagus in it for a quick and easy option!
Asparagus is a super popular and nutritious vegetable that can be enjoyed in various dishes. There are different types, but green and white asparagus are the most common. Asparagus has a mild, earthy flavor and a tender texture, making it a versatile and preferred ingredient in the kitchen of many households.
Besides being delicious, asparagus has many health benefits. They are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C, and K, folic acid, and potassium. They are also rich in fiber and antioxidants, which can help improve digestion, reduce inflammation, and prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
How to choose asparagus?
When buying asparagus, look for asparagus with straight, firm stalks, with closed, compact tips. Stems should be bright green or white, depending on the variety. Asparagus should be stored in the refrigerator and consumed as soon as possible to maintain its freshness and flavor.
How to prepare asparagus
- Check the asparagus, and if needed, rinse with cold water to remove any dirt or residue.
- Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus, which are usually the lower, woody part. You can do this by cutting off approximately 1-2 centimeters from the back or bending it gently until it breaks off.
- If the asparagus is thick, peel it with a vegetable peeler to remove the tough, fibrous outer layer.
- Dry the asparagus with a paper towel or clean cloth before cooking.
- Once you have prepared the asparagus, you can cook it in any way you prefer, either roasted, boiled, sautéed, or steamed.
Asparagus in the air fryer
When the asparagus are clean and prepared, place them on a baking sheet or in the basket of your air fryer in a single layer. If necessary, you can use baking paper. Spray with olive oil spray and put a good pinch of salt.
If necessary, preheat your air fryer to 375ºF (200ºC), and fry the asparagus for 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
Take out of the air fryer, place on an extended platter, and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- You can serve them with bread crumbs and lemon, as in the baked green beans recipe.
- You can finish them with a simple vinaigrette or with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- You can also use croutons.
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- With freshly baked bread and cream cheese with herbs
Other recipes you may like:
- Fried rice with asparagus
- Asparagus and mushrooms with pasta
- All about asparagus
- Asparagus with lentils and dijon vinaigrette
- Green Beans in the air fryer
- Mushrooms in the air fryer
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
ASPARAGUS IN THE AIR FRYER
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus 1 lb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- lemon juice to serve
- When the asparagus are clean and ready, place them on a baking sheet or in the basket of your air fryer in a single layer. If necessary you can use a baking paper Spray with olive oil spray and put a good pinch of salt.
- If necessary, preheat your air fryer to 375ºF (200ºC), pop in the asparagus for 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
- Place on an extended platter and finish with lemon juice.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.