Wellness shots are small, concentrated doses of healthy ingredients designed to be taken in a single swallow or small sip. They are often made with a combination of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other superfoods and have various health benefits.
This ginger grapefruit wellness shot is one of my favorite healthy recipes. It is strong, powerful, sweet, and perfect for any time of the day.
About this recipe
You know that I love juices and smoothies. I even wrote an e-book in Spanish with 32 smoothie recipes. It is my favorite way to start the day, but I feel I have not written enough wellness shots They are also known as healthy shots or juice shots.
What is a wellness shot?
A wellness shot is when you make a concentrated juice of foods with superpowers. And by superpowers, I mean super-concentrated nutrients that give our body a super boost.
I like to drink them when I feel that I don’t have as much energy as I normally do or under the weather.
Some more popular are wheatgrass juice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar , grape vinegar, turmeric, etc. Each ingredient combination has different benefits, for example, energy, detox juice, a shot of vitamin C, and so on.
Ingredients for the ginger shot
- Garlic: I know it may sound a bit aggressive, but garlic is one of nature’s best anti-inflammatory ingredients out there.
- Ginger you do not need to peel it, just wash throughly.
- Carrots cut into chunks or baby carrots.
- Grapefruits peeled and cut into pieces
- Turmeric, root or turmeric powder
helpful tips to start drinking wellness shots
- It is essential to say that the ginger shot has benefits and superpowers, but like a juice or a smoothie, they are a healthy drink, and that’s it. You should always consult our doctor before drinking them and do not take them as medicine.
- When you start drinking juice shots, start slowly. Since the shots are made with concentrated ingredients, they can be very strong on the stomach.
- Just like smoothies or juices, start small. And when you already love these types of juices, you begin taking more quantity, and you can make it more concentrated.
- It is a shot because it is taken in small quantities, prepare it in a small glass or mason jar.
Tips for making the best ginger shot
- Can I substitute the ingredients? This combination of grapefruit and ginger juice is super-rich and fresh. But you can prepare them with oranges if you don’t have grapefruits or lemons if you don’t have either.
- Can I use a blender? If you don’t have a juicer , use your blender. Blend everything and then strain it.
- Can I store the grapefruit ginger shot? It’s better if you drink it immediately. Juices and shots do not keep all their benefits for long.
- Here are some of my favorite recipes for juices and smoothies:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Grapefruit ginger wellness shot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large piece of ginger
- 2 cups of carrots in big pieces or baby carrots
- 2 large grapefruits peeled and cut into squares
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric turmeric powder
- Pass the garlic and ginger first through a juicer . Then start adding some of the carrots and then some of the grapefruit, and so on until you finish.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and drink immediately.
- If you don’t have a juicer, use the blender. Blend all the ingredients and strain them afterwards.
- Store in tightly closed jars in the fridge, it is best to consume it in the first 24 hours.
To store a wellness shot, you should follow the following steps:
- Pour the wellness shot into a small glass jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place the jar or bottle in the refrigerator.
- Consume the shot within a day or two of making it, as the ingredients may lose their potency after that time.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes ideas that you may like: