Why did I name this post easy clean-up spaghetti and meatballs? Because this is a dish that I always dread making. The amount of dishes it needs always makes me think twice.
But not anymore, since now I can put all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and cook and clean as I go.
This picture is my life in a nutshell: cooking, eating delicious food, and cleaning. I like to spend my time wisely and be very productive in my day-to-day crazy, beautiful life. So having great appliances, in this case, my dishwasher, that do the hard work in my life is crucial.
Why is the Ultrafresh System™ Dishwasher so special
You see, I cook and clean as I go. I love to cook, but I don’t like the cleaning side of it, so when my appliances have special powers, I truly get inspired to cook more complicated dishes. Like this spaghetti and vegan meatballs recipe.
So let me tell you a bit more about this recipe and the new dishwasher that has me over the moon and cooking with more peace of mind. The UltraFresh System™ Dishwasher has customizable racks, so you can put in chopping boards, large pots, and everything you will use without a problem.
It is also the first and only dishwasher engineered to stay fresher and cleaner with Microban® Antimicrobial technology. So everything you use goes in the dishwasher with the peace of mind that no bad odor-causing bacteria will be formed.
How to make spaghetti and meatballs
- Most of the flavor in this recipe lives in the meatballs. To make them, you must chop garlic, onion, green bell peppers, and mushrooms and then mix them with other ingredients.
- I use my hands to mix the vegan ground meat and to form the meatballs. And one of the most essential features of this new GE appliance is that the touch points (handles, control panels, rack handles) are treated with Microban antimicrobial technology that keeps surfaces 99% cleaner than untreated surfaces.
So what this means is that you can move faster in the kitchen. I don’t know about you, but this past year has made me more conscious about bacteria.
And the peace of mind that this technology gives – that I can make meatballs or other recipes without fear of contaminating my food – is priceless and makes my day easier. So I can clean as I go, and everything I’m done using goes inside the dishwasher.
After mixing the ingredients for the meatballs, form the meatballs and place them on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 min. or until fully cooked and slightly golden.
Cook your pasta
Feel free to cook any type of pasta in any pot because the pot will fit in the dishwasher. And just a quick tip -Do not forget to salt your water! Salt it heavily.
Another thing that I love about the Utlrafresh System™ Dishwasher is that it has smart sensors that continuously monitor when to add fresh water into the dishwasher and that drain in between cycles to prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
This water is filtered through filters treated with Microban®, so if a little bit of water from the pot where you cooked that pasta or other liquid gets into your dishwasher, then no worries, it will be drained.
Your kitchen won’t smell funky – you will just smell the delicious food you’re making. The lower rack also has fold-down tines that give you the perfect flexibility to accommodate any item.
I like to make my meatball spaghetti sauce with homemade tomato puree. I make it ahead of time and store it in jars in the fridge or in freezable containers in my freezer. As I told you before, all the flavor for this recipe is in the meatballs, so I made something super simple for the tomato sauce.
I saute onion, mushrooms, and chili flakes in olive oil; then, I add my tomato puree, garlic powder, salt, and more liquid if needed. And again, the tomato puree jars go immediately inside the dishwasher because this GE Appliance is super efficient and has 4 bottle Wash Jets on the top rack that ensure deep cleaning for tall items.
Finishing the spaghetti and meatballs
This is a family dish I like to serve when we have family or friends around. The best way to serve it and make it a show stopper is to use a big pasta dish (you won’t have to wash it – I promise it fits into the Ultrafresh System™ Dishwasher).
- First, sauce your pasta. You could add your pasta to the sauce pot or serve it on the serving platter and pour the sauce over it.
- Place the meatballs on top, and make sure that everything is piping hot.
- Finish the dish with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
Ideas for serving the vegan meatballs
Serve with a caesar salad or a simple salad with dijon vinaigrette, and some homemade bread or a sliced baguette, and enjoy with your loved ones.
So here is the recipe for my favorite spaghetti and meatball recipe, and hope you like it too. Take a picture of it and share it on Instagram or Facebook. I love to see your creations. If you are going to make this later, save it on Pinterest.
Other recipes that you may like:
EASY CLEAN-UP SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
- 24 oz vegan ground meat
- 2 tablespoons panko or homemade breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- ½ cup green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup diced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ to 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1 28 oz can of tomato puree or 4 cups of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1-lb spaguetti package of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until well incorporated. Form the meatballs, about 10 large ones. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes in a 350ºF oven. Remove when fully cooked and slightly browned.
- Cook your pasta following the package instructions.
- In a cast iron Dutch oven, heat the oil and add the mushrooms. When they start to brown, add the onion, red chili flakes, and a good pinch of salt. Sauté until soft and fragrant. Add the tomato puree, garlic powder, and a cup of water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Put the pasta and sauce together on a pasta platter and place the meatballs on top. Finish with chopped parsley and grated vegan parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.