This chocolate almond biscotti is the perfect cookie to dip in red wine, tea, or hot chocolate. Best of all, this recipe is vegan and delicious.
I don’t know if it happens to you, but there are days when I don’t want a formal dinner, and you crave more of a board with veggies, fruits, hummus, nuts, etc.
I crave this “dinner” on the weekends, with friends and a glass of wine. This chocolate biscotti with almonds (affiliate link) is perfect for those days.
About this recipe
What is biscotti? Biscotti is a dry, crispy cookie that is elongated in shape and baked twice. It originated in Italy.
It is the perfect cookie to dip in red wine, tea, or hot chocolate. Initially, it was only almond flavored, but now there are many flavors and ways to finish them.
Ingredients to make chocolate biscotti
This biscotti recipe is vegan. It is a recipe that does not contain eggs, dairy, or any other animal products.
- Almond flour, I like to make it at home
- Cocoa powder, use the brand you like the most, but without sugar.
- All-purpose flour can use gluten-free flour or wheat flour.
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Vegetable oil, at home, we use avocado oil.
- Agave syrup or maple syrup
- Almonds (affiliate link), unroasted and coarsely chopped.
How to make biscotti at home?
- Mix all the ingredients and form a large cookie. Put in the oven for a few minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool, and cut.
- Return to the oven.
- Let them cool and enjoy.
- The dough is hard, and it seems that it will not integrate, but it does. Be patient. Remember that chocolate biscotti is crunchy and dry.
- You can add as many nuts as you want; the more, the better.
- Use the nuts of your choice or a combination of several. You can also add chocolate chips, dried fruits, etc.
Other vegan cookie recipes
- 3/4 cup slivered almond flour or ground almonds
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until everything is perfectly well integrated.
- Add maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Mix slowly, it may seem it is not integrating properly, but be patient it will come together.
- When everything is well integrated add pistachios, mix and put everything on the tray.
- Form a rectangle half an inch thick.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 20 -25 minutes.
- Turn down the temperature in the oven at 275 ° F. When cold, slice with a bread knife or a serrated knife into an inch or so pieces.
- Put back on the tray and into the oven for 20-25 minutes more.
- Let them cool before trying.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023