There’s something about vegan mocha brownies that just hits the spot. They’re rich and chocolaty, with a hint of espresso coffee flavor that takes them over the top. They’re the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover, and they’re sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
These vegan mocha brownies are easy to make and are always a hit when I bake them. They are rich, chocolaty, fudgy, and a perfect vegan dessert. But what I love most about them is that they are a skillet brownie, so they go directly from the oven to the table.
ABOUT THIS MOCHA BROWNIE RECIPE
These brownies are the healthy-ish, vegan, and kind-of-adult version of the classic treat. They are infused with espresso. You prep them in a single bowl and with the help of the GE Profile oven, you will have them ready in less than 35 min.
If you love coffee, or have a coffee lover in your life, you definitely have to give these a try. These brownies are the coffee lover’s dream come true.
- Ground flaxseed mixed with water. When you mix flax seeds with water it acts as our binder – it is the “vegan egg”
- All purpose flour and almond flour or almond meal. If you need to, you could substitute the all-purpose flour (affiliate link) with gluten free flour.
- Cocoa powder (affiliate link). Use unsweetened cocoa powder, make sure you are using baking cocoa powder.
- Baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Dark chocolate. Use really good chocolate, you could definitely sub with semisweet chocolate chips.
- Coconut oil. Use melted coconut oil, substitute with avocado oil if you need to.
- Maple syrup. Syrup is the best here, not only because it naturally sweetens the mocha brownies, but it also helps to get that perfect shiny top that brownies have.
- Espresso coffee. I like to use freshly made espresso coffee, but feel free to use anything you have on hand – even instant espresso works here
How to make vegan mocha brownies from scratch
- In a small bowl mix the flaxseed with the 6 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour (affiliate link), almond flour, cocoa (affiliate link) powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix all ingredients well.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler, add the coconut oil. Mix.
- Add melted chocolate and coconut oil to the dry ingredients, mix well. Add the flaxseed, coffee, and maple syrup.
- Add mixture to an ovenproof nonstick skillet. If not sure, oil with coconut oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Tips for getting the best skillet mocha brownie
- Always use the best chocolate you can find; I use 60% chocolate as a minimum.
- These are skillet brownies, so there is no need to line the pan with parchment paper, but if you feel that your pan might stick, butter it before adding the batter.
- You can make these in an 8×8 pan and line it first with parchment paper.
Benefits of baking on a GE Profile oven
- I do believe that a good kitchen tip is to cook with beautiful things. If you like your space and kitchen utensils, you will spend more time in the kitchen cooking healthy and delicious food. That is why the slick and modern design of the wall oven is so important to me. It integrates seamlessly and beautifully into my space.
- I also have to mention that it is fingerprint-resistant stainless. WOW, it always looks clean!!
- The precision oven modes remove the temperature and time guesswork from cooking. With these precision cooking modes, you will ALWAYS have the best cooking experience.
- Also, this oven will never be outdated; it constantly receives downloadable software upgrades. This means that you will always have the best functions in a wall oven that you can find.
precision oven modes step by step
- Touch the touch screen to uncover the options, press Precision cooking modes
- Press the Precision cooking mode setting, and a menu of options will pop up.
- Press Baked goods, then Brownies, and the oven will be ready for you. This function also eliminates the need for preheating, which is better for us… we can eat this scrumptious mocha brownie skillet faster.
- This is the image of what you will see on the screen of the GE Profile oven.
- This is the screen while your brownies are baking.
More amazing Ge profile oven features
Not only can you set the oven and forget about the brownies with 100% confidence that they’ll be perfect, you can also check them on your phone.
Yes, with the built-in wi-fi and the Smart HQ app, you can check on the brownies wherever you are!!!
Finish the brownies
- Ice-cream, vanilla or chocolate
- Chopped walnuts, pistachios, or pecans
- Powdered sugar, or powdered cocoa
- Shaved chocolate (use a vegetable peeler to get beautiful curls)
Vegan Mocha Brownies
- 1 10-in skillet a 12 in skillet works great too
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup espresso coffee
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed with the 6 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, ground almonds (almond flour), cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler, add the coconut oil, mix well.
- Add melted chocolate and coconut oil to powders, mix well. Add the flaxseed, coffee and maple syrup.
- Add mixture to greased ramekins or a well-greased or parchment-lined brownie pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Serve with almond ice cream, banana ice cream, vegan whipped cream or fresh fruit.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.