There can be nothing more delicious than a cold and crunchy salad during summer, right? This Mediterranean pasta salad is full of flavor, fresh and crisp textures. Overall, this pasta salad with a zesty lemon oregano dressing is perfect for a picnic or a meal in the garden.
Why are you going to love this pasta salad?
This pasta is easy to make, nutritious, and full of flavor. Also, this Mediterranean pasta recipe is good to make with any pasta. I have made it with pasta made with chickpea flour , lentil flour, gluten-free pasta, and traditional pasta. It tastes amazing with all of them.
Mediterranean pasta salad ingredients
- Pasta, as I told you before, any pasta is fine. I prefer short pasta like shells, farfalle or penne.
- Cucumber, I use English cucumber, which has fewer seeds, or the small cucumber that also has fewer seeds and does not need to be peeled.
- Scallions, if you can’t find scallions, you can use red onion. Remember that a good tip is that if the onion becomes very strong, rinse it with cold water.
- Diced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes. I’ve also made this pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes, which is fantastic.
- Mint or spearmint leaves
- Kalamata olives
- Zesty Lemon Oregano Dressing
How to make this pasta salad
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package. When ready, drain it and rinse it with cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the vegetables and put everything in a salad bowl .
- Make the dressing. I like to use a jar because it makes it easier to calculate the ingredients and then mix.
- Combine the dressing with the pasta and chopped vegetables. Mix carefully and finish it up with more fresh herbs if you wish.
Ideas to kick it up a notch
You can add chickpeas or beans to this pasta if you want it to be a little more filling. If you want to add some greens, spinach, arugula, or romaine lettuce would work perfectly. Adding artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and sliced or diced mushrooms would also be fantastic.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Mediterranean pasta salad
- 1 8 oz pasta package
- 1 large cucumber diced, I use English cucumbers
- 4 scallions (white and green part) sliced
- 2 medium diced tomatoes
- 1/4 of cup of mint leaves in julienne
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoons Lemon, juice and zest, about 3 tablespoons of juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta as indicated on the package. When it’s done, set it aside to cool down.
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, and tomato and set aside and place in a large bowl.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar and mix.
- Add the pasta to the bowl along with the vegetables and mix carefully.
- Add the dressing and mix.
- Finish with fresh mint and kalamata olives
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe first appeared in Piloncillo & Vanilla in July 2016.