Madly in love with this Mediterranean cauliflower salad, it could also be called a healthy Mediterranean salad, vegan cauliflower salad, or raw cauliflower salad. Any way you want to call it, I’m pretty sure you are going to love it.
Why will you love this raw cauliflower salad?
Let me tell you why. The crunchiness of the cauliflower, the freshness of the cucumbers and tomatoes, the brightness of the lime juice and fresh herbs, and the saltiness of the black olives make this raw veggie salad out of this world. You have to try it; it is the best ever.😉
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER SALAD
- Cauliflower: You can use white cauliflower or colored ones like purple, yellow, or green. The important thing is that the cauliflower is fresh, heavy, crunchy, and delicious.
- Cucumber: I like to use the English cucumbers or the Persian cucumbers (the little ones) because they don’t have so many seeds and liquid. They are crisper, and there is no need to peel them, so it adds more color to our cauliflower salad.
- Tomatoes: You can use the tomato that you like the most. It can be diced or a sliced Roma tomato, or you can use cherry tomatoes.
- Red onion: diced small or sliced red onion. If you want, you can use chives or white onion.
- Pitted black olives, use kalamatas or any other kind
- Lemon or lime juice, either works perfectly.
- Olive oil
- Chopped or dried fresh mint or spearmint. In this salad, I use a combination of fresh and dried herbs. Both work perfectly in this recipe. Use what you have on hand, fresh mint, spearmint, oregano, parsley. Mix one or two and mix more fresh herbs. I know it will taste amazing either way.
- Small chopped fresh oregano, you can also use dried oregano.
- Salt to taste, add little, and adjust after tasting it because the olives are salty
🔥TIP -FOR RAW ONIONS To remove the strong and spicy bite from the onion you can put it to soak in iced water. This not only takes away the strong spicy flavor, but also makes it crunchy and perfect to finish any dish that needs, it is the perfect touch that only onion can give.
how to cut cauliflower for salad?
- The easiest way is to place its stem down on a cutting board and then thinly slice it. If you have substantial pieces, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Another way is to cut it into large chunks and then place it in the food processor fitted with the blade attachment and hit pulse until the florets have the size of peas or smaller size. Do not add all the cauliflower pieces at once to the bowl of the food processor. You want to give the veggies some space to move freely.
- You could also grate the cauliflower by hand using a box grater.
- Another way to cut is to place it with the stem up on a cutting board. Then with a knife, carefully start separating the big florets from the stem. Then, do the same with each piece until you have the exact sizes you are looking for.
Can you eat the leaves and stem of a cauliflower?
- Yes, you can.
- I never throw away the stem. If you don’t want to eat it in the salad, you can always save it and make a cauliflower soup or curry.
- You can roast the leaves, sauté them or chop them and eat them raw.
- It is hilarious, but Miko, my dog, loves them, so I guess the cauliflower leaves will serve as a dog treat as well.
✎ TIP When processing the cauliflower int hte food processor it might get a bit sticky whrn you open it. Do not worry, this is normal and the funcky smell will go away.
How to make the raw cauliflower salad?
- When you have your cauliflower in pieces and ready to go put in a big salad bowl, I love to use big salad bowls because I like to have that extra room to mix everything up.
- Then you add the rest of the ingredients and mix carefully. Taste and adjust seasoning if you need to.
Here are some recipes you can serve this salad
Here is the recipe for this Mediterranean cauliflower salad and I hope you like it as much as I do when you make it take a picture of it and share it on Instagram, Fb or save this recipe for later on Pinterest. Also, don’t forget to write a comment or suggestion in the comment section and rate this recipe. I love to hear from you.
Mediterrenean Cauliflower Salad
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 to matoes diced or sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint or mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- Chop the cauliflower as small as you want and put it in a large salad bowl.
- Mix it with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Put the rest of the ingredients and mix carefully.
- Try for seasoning and adjust salt, lemon, herbs, etc. if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.