En este post
About this recipe
Do you like potatoes and spicy, delicious salsas? Then you’ll love this recipe: potatoes cooked and then roasted, bathed in salsa macha, a Mexican sauce with lots of flavor and texture.
It’s a delicious and easy way to put a new twist on classic potatoes. The macha salsa, made with dried chiles, garlic, seeds, and nuts, is the special touch that makes them unique. So if you’re looking for an easy, delicious snack (botana) recipe with a Mexican twist, get ready to enjoy these potatoes with salsa macha!
To finish, bathe with salsa macha to your liking and finish with chopped cilantro.
NOTE: You can use homemade macha sauce or purchased macha sauce, but it really tastes better.
Crispy Potatoes with Salsa Macha
- 1.5 pounds small potatoes or fingerlings
- ¼ cup macha sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover the potatoes and add salt to taste. For every4 cups of water, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Bring the water to a boil, add the potatoes, and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes after the water starts boiling, depending on the size of the pieces.
- Remove the potatoes and place them on a tray lined with paper towels to dry them as much as possible. Remove the paper towel and drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt.
- Put in the oven at 400 ºF for 15-20 minutes or until all the potatoes are golden. If you want, you can move the potatoes in the middle so that all sides are golden.
- Remove from the oven, put the potatoes on a platter and while they are hot, drizzle with the Macha sauce. Add as much sauce as you like, finish with chopped cilantro.
- Macha sauce recipe with peanuts.
- Macha sauce with hibiscus.
- If you don’t have time to boil the potatoes, use frozen fries. Cook as the package says and finish with the macha sauce.
- Important. The potatoes must be in a single layer on a baking tray to ensure they do not pile up.
- To make them in the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390°F) if necessary (some models do not require preheating). Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, trying not to overload it so that the hot air can circulate freely around the potatoes. You may need to cook them in batches if you have many potatoes. Cook the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden and crispy. It’s a good idea to shake the basket or turn the potatoes halfway through cooking to ensure they brown evenly.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.