These energy balls, which are also known as energy bites, taste amazing; they are fun to make and are full of feel-good ingredients.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and perfect for eating before working out, as a healthy snack or mid-afternoon snack. They are delicious and very easy to make.
ABOUT THE vegan energy balls recipe
You make these no-bake energy balls in a food processor (affiliate link), which only takes 10-15 minutes. For me, this snack recipe is a smart one, full of good-for-us ingredients.
INGREDIENTS OF THE vegan ENERGY Bites
- Almonds (affiliate link) it is better to use unroasted almonds (affiliate link). If you need to substitute, use walnut.
- Dates, pitted dates, 15 or so; it all depends on the size of the dates you find. Check the freshness of the dates; look for dry ones on the outside but still pliable and soft on the inside.
- Pinch of sea salt
- Almond butter, I use homemade almond butter, but you can still use store-bought.
- Hemp seeds or another seed you like to finish the vegan protein balls.
HOW TO MAKE THE ENERGY BALLS?
Put all the ingredients in the food processor (affiliate link) until there is a uniform mixture, and when you put it between your hands and crush it, it sticks.
Form the energy balls with your hands and roll them in hemp seeds or any other seeds you like.
🔥 The dates that I like the most are the Medjool dates.
why YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS vegan RECIPE
- Another advantage is that they do not have to be refrigerated, and you can take them everywhere.
- They are like the perfect combination of the sweetness of a dessert and the wholesomeness of nuts and dates.
- Once the balls are made, you can cover them with anything, for example, sesame seeds, cinnamon, or, like me, hemp seeds, to give them an extra boost of protein and good things.
- These oat-free energy balls are very easy to digest and chew.
- When you finish rolling the balls, you could cover them in almost anything, for example, sesame seeds, cinnamon, or hemp seeds, as I did, for an extra boost of protein and good things.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Powerful Vegan Almond Energy Balls Recipe
- Food processor
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 ¼ cup pitted dates 15 or so
- a good pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon grounded cinnamon
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds * Optional
- In a food processor add the almonds and pulse repeatedly until broken into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and turn on the food processor until everything integrates well and is completely grounded.
- To form the balls, grab some mixture between your hand and squeez it until a ball forms of the size you want.
- Put hemp seeds in a small bowl and roll the ball by until fully covered with hemp seeds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023
- TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS (TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS) - May 25, 2023