This recipe is for the best creamy poblano soup. This soup is silky, delicious, and topped with Adobo Mexican Crumbles croutons. This soup is filled with Mexican flavors, and it is perfect for any occasion, especially when it is cold outside or you want to impress friends and family with your global flavors.
About the Adobo mexican Crumbles
After reading the title for this fantastic recipe, I know that you might be intrigued by the Adobo Mexican Crumbles, so let me talk about them first because they are so good. These Adobo Mexican Crumbles are the new product from Hodo, a company that makes plant-powered, clean meat alternatives.
And when I say clean, I mean real food made with whole food ingredients. All of their products are minimally processed, and the soybeans they use are 100% organic and Non-GMO, which give excellent and nutritious products. Like the Adobo Mexican crumbles, an authentic Mexican Spice Fiesta of flavors.
Ingredientes for the creamy vegan poblano soup
- Onion. I like to use yellow or white onions for cooking and red onion when I’m eating it raw. For this recipe you can use what you have on hand and you just need to roughly chop it.
- Poblano chile. I have to confess that I do not roast, or seed my poblano peppers for this recipe. I just stem them and roughly chop them. The will be cooked and roasted later.
- Garlic. Roughly chop the garlic cloves and add them to the soup pot after sauteing the onion and poblano peppers.
- Spinach. I love to add spinach to this soup because it bumps up the color and makes it even more nutriciuos.
- Potatoes. The potatoes are the ones responsible for the creamy and silky texture of the soup. Choose white potatoes and cut them into larger chunks.
- Salt and pepper.
- Vegan butter or oilve oil.
- Water or vegetable broth
How To Make Poblano Soup
Place a large pot soup over medium heat, add the medium diced onion and the chopped poblano pepper. Let the onion and poblano peppers sauté until the onion starts to get a golden hue around the edges and the poblano peppers are soft and almost roasted. Add the garlic and let it cook for one minute.
Add the cubed potatoes and the spinach, a good pinch of salt, cover the vegetables in water, and cover. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
Puree in batches with a high-speed blender or an immersion blender . If you need more liquid, slowly add more until you have a perfect consistency. Check for seasoning and adjust the taste as needed.
Ingredients for the Adobo Mexican Crumbles Croutons
- Diced bread. Use any crusty bread or homemade bread.
- Olive oil. Use a good olive oil with a mild taste. In a pinch you could also use any vegetable oil or vegan butter.
- Adobo Mexican Crumbles. You can get this new product form Hodo at any Whole Foods Market nationwide.
How to make the adobo Mexican crumble topping
- Cut the bread in small cubes, cover with the oil, season with a good pinch of salt and bake or air fry.
- Heat the Adobo Mexican Crumbles in a non stick pan.
- Put together the bread pieces and the Adobo Mexican Crumbles. And now you are ready to finish you creamy poblano soup
Tips & tricks
- How to make it gluten-free? You can skip the bread and just top the soup with the Adobo Mexican Crumbles if you want a gluten-free and faster version.
- Can I make this recipe in advance? Yes, you can make the creamy poblano soup in advance but do not top until ready to serve.
- Are the crumbles fully cooked? Yes, you can eat them right out of the package, or you can heat them up like I did.
- Other uses for the crumbles. Add them to any other dish that you would normally call for a meaty ground like tacos, tostadas, burritos, chillis, etc.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for this CREAMY POBLANO SOUP WITH ADOBO MEXICAN CRUMBLES and I hope you like it as much as we do. Please share the recipe and blog on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
CREAMY POBLANO SOUP WITH ADOBO MEXICAN CRUMBLES
- Immersion blender
- Soup pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter
- 1 onion, small and cut into pieces about 1 cup
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and cut into chuncks
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 medium potatoes cut into chunks About 1½ cup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 cups water or vegetable broth
Adobo Mexican Crumbles
- 2 cups bread, cut into bite size pices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Hodo Adobo Mexican crumbles pack
- Add the butter or olive oil, garlic, and onion to a soup pot with a lid. Sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the poblano pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, spinach bunch, and two cups of water. Cover the pan, lower the heat and add the salt.
- Check after about 15 minutes that the potatoes are cooked. If they, blend the vegetables in a blender or with an immersion kitchen. Do not add more water until you try it and see if it is too thick. It is better to start adding liquid slowly as need than have a very watery soup.
Adobo Mexican crumbles
- Cut the bread in small cubes, cover with the oil, season with a good pinch of salt and bake or air fry.Heat the Adobo Mexican Crumbles in a non stick pan. Put together the bread pieces and the Adobo Mexican Crumbles. And now you are ready to finish you creamy poblano soup
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.